Are Greyhound Buses Safe? Greyhound Safety Statistics & Tips
Are Greyhound buses safe? Yes! In this blog post, I will explore how safe Greyhound buses are and provide some statistics regarding Greyhound bus safety. I’ll also share some tips with you for staying safe while riding on a Greyhound bus.
Are Greyhound Buses Safe for Road Travel?
According to the website BusRates.com, “In the last 5 years, there have been 0 fatal accidents involving Greyhound buses.” This is an impressive safety record, considering that Greyhound buses travel over 25 million miles every year.
There are a number of reasons why greyhound buses are so safe. First, all drivers are required to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL). They must also pass a comprehensive background check before being hired. In addition, all drivers are subject to regular drug and alcohol tests.
Another reason why greyhound buses are so safe is that they are well-maintained. All buses undergo a thorough inspection before each and every trip.
How Often Are Violent Crimes Committed on a Greyhound Bus?
In 2017, there were 17 reported violent crimes on Greyhound buses. This number includes everything from assault to rape.
While this may seem like a lot, it’s important to keep in mind that Greyhound buses carried over 25 million passengers that year. This means that the chance of being a victim of a violent crime on a Greyhound bus is extremely low – about 1 in 1.5 million.
How Often Do Thefts Happen on a Greyhound Bus?
In 2017, there were 29 reported thefts on Greyhound buses. This number includes everything from pickpocketing to luggage theft.
As with violent crime, the chance of being a victim of theft on a Greyhound bus is very low – about 1 in 870,000.
How Safe are Greyhound Bus Stations?
All Greyhound bus stations are equipped with security cameras and are patrolled by security guards. However, bus stations tend to be less safe than while you’re on the bus as there are more people, and the homeless tend to frequent the area around bus stations.
It’s important to be aware of your surroundings when you are at a Greyhound bus station. Just like any other public place, there is always a risk of crime. If you are ever feeling unsafe, make sure to tell a security guard or employee.
Tips for Staying While Taking a Greyhound Bus:
1. Make sure you are familiar with the bus station and know where you are going. If possible, arrive at the station early so you can find your gate and get settled on the bus. Some bus stations are in neighborhoods that aren’t the safest so it’s best to stay in the station if you’re unsure.
2. Be aware of your belongings at all times. Keep your valuables close to you and do not leave them unattended or under the bus. Theft is probably the most common
3. If you are ever in doubt or feel unsafe, don’t hesitate to ask the driver or a fellow passenger for help.
4. Trust your instincts – if something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
5. Remember that you can always call Greyhound’s customer service number if you have any concerns or questions: 1-800-231-2222.
So, while no mode of transportation is 100% safe, riding on a Greyhound bus is still one of the safest ways to travel. By following the tips above, you can help ensure that your trip is safe and enjoyable.
- The 13 Best Travel Blankets – Compact, Weighted, and Electric - November 22, 2022
- The 29 Best Mexican Souvenirs and Things to Buy In Mexico - November 19, 2022
- Can You Bring Protein Powder on a Plane? - October 29, 2022